Written by Taylor Capek, Posted by Hannah Moorhead
It only comes once every four years, and if you’re not watching the World Cup, you’re missing out on four weeks of passionate, hilarious, heart wrenching, and unbelievable moments of soccer.
With the group stage of the tournament coming to an end on Thursday, here are some reasons why you should stop binge watching reality TV shows for the next couple weeks and turn on ESPN instead:
1. Soccer tricks are so much cooler than the ones you would see at a magic show.
2. Watching goalkeepers mess up on soccer’s biggest stage might make you feel better about that embarrassing thing you did at work last week.
3. You might get some ideas for your next hairdo (hairdon’t?).
4. The World Cup provides incredible, last minute drama that might help you escape your own drama for a second.
5. The tournament also shows us some of the best acting since Titanic.
6. Some of the World Cup reaction GIFs might be just what you need to express your own feelings about everyday life.
7. You will probably never see more intense, die-hard fans than the ones you will see at the World Cup.
8. The World Cup will also help you realize that carrying a can of shaving cream makes you look pretty darn tough.
9. I forgot to mention that historical and mythical figures make regular appearances.
10. Obviously, you’ll see some sweet saves…
11. …and some fantastic goals!
12. And, finally, you’ll probably witness the strangest, most uncalled for things you’ll ever see in your life.
So, if you’re not watching the World Cup, get to it! There are sure to be lots of exciting moments to come.
You can download the Photobucket mobile app to make your own funny footie GIFs, too.