It’s that time of year again… Tents are pitched everywhere as seniors in both high school and college are marking the end of their journeys and preparing for the next adventure. Parents rejoice as they watch the achievements their children have made and capture the moment on camera so they can remember the day forever. Don’t you remember the day you finally had your degree in hand?
Whether graduating from kindergarten, high school or college, photos are the best way to celebrate these academic milestones and achievements. We all have the obligatory “transferring of the diploma” and “shaking the hand” photos, but we want to see your best photo for our graduation contest. Maybe you did a cartwheel after accepting your diploma? Maybe you wrote a message to mom and dad with masking tape on top of your mortar board … or maybe you celebrated this rite of passage with all of your best friends? Whatever it is, we want to see your special moments caught on camera for our contest.
Can’t decide on your favorite photo? We have made it easy to gather together all your favorite photos and make a collage! Why?
- It’s an easy and fun way to tell a story from the entire day – relive the excitement over and over again.
- As always, we can also help you add filters, fix the dreaded red eye, decorate or personalize all of your photos for added effect.
- But most of all, we think you’ll love memorializing those moments in your own way – so tell us what you think!
Congrats to everyone who graduated this year, and we hope you enjoy the well-deserved summer break! We look forward to seeing all of your photos. Is yours the best?
It’s that time of year of parties, family gatherings, gift exchanges and that guilty pleasure of eating a dozen cookies. All this celebrating means it's time to charge your camera battery and make some space on that memory card of yours.
Whether you are at a friend’s holiday party or taking family photos in front of the tree, we have your creative outlets covered! Each week, for the month of December, we are rolling out new special holiday photo effects. From blue winter tints, snowflake borders and pretty lights (bokeh), our image editor is your place for you to experiment and have fun with your photos. When you are logged in, look for all of our seasonal effects in the “Holiday Effects” tab in our free image editor!
Note to Santa Effect
Be sure to visit us every Tuesday as we will release new effects!
Happy Holidays from Photobucket!
Hey Photobucket Users,
We wanted to let you know about a few cool new features we've made to the website:
Main Functional Changes:
- There are now additional share entry points. This means that after editing or creating a slideshow, you’ll now be dropped into the share flow.
- Chunked uploads after a upload failure. If your network connection goes south during an upload, we put you into “chunked” upload mode which is more resilient (but a little slower). This should significantly reduce upload failures.
- Increased visibility for videos in image search. When you search images, you’ll now see some related videos at the bottom of the results list.
Enjoy the changes and remember: Photobucket for life!
Hey US Photobucket users:
Did you know you can win a $200 gift card to Journeys, just for posting a color splash photo of your Chucks? Well, you do now!
It's simple to enter:
- Color splash a photo of your Chucks in Photobucket and enter the contest here.
It really is that simple – so go grab your Cons and take a picture now!
Ever tried getting photos, let alone videos, off of your cell phone? It’s hard! Wouldn’t it be great if there was a service that automatically sent every photo and video you took with your phone to the cloud, so it could be accessed immediately from anywhere?
Photobucket is making saving mobile photos and videos simpler than ever. With Photobucket Mobile for Android, users can pull out their cameras, take a photo or video, and put it right back in their pocket. In minutes that image or video will be uploaded directly to a designated Photobucket account.
Once the photo or video is on Photobucket, users can easily share it to all their favorite places: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, MSN Messenger, and email sharing are all made extremely easy.
Photobucket Mobile is the easiest and fastest way to save every photo and video you shoot with your mobile phone. Can you do that with your mobile device camera?
Last month Photobucket conducted a survey to gauge the holiday photo and video taking habits of consumers. Some interesting findings:
- 82% of respondents intend to capture their holiday memories with a digital camera, while a significant number (27%) intend to use a phone/smartphone camera. Both were much higher than those planning to use professional photography (11%) or video (14%).
- Respondents planned to share the memories they capture on social media sites (57%), online photo sharing sites (49%) and email (46%); all higher than those planning to print and mail pictures (27%).
- One third of respondents said Mom would be respnsible for capturing holiday moments; dad came in at 17%.
- While 87% of respondents use and online photo-sharing site, they clearly showed a lack of clear direction in their photo-filing behavior; the majority of those surveyed (53%) upload personal pictures to more than 3 sites.
Photobucket also provided tips for organizing holiday memories:
Get in the habit of transferring your pictures from your camera to your computer as soon as you can. You can even consider using an auto-uploader right from your smart phone or wi-fi enabled camera to eliminate that step and have them automatically appear online.
- Create a well-organized system on your hard disk. Pictures can be saved to folders based on dates, places, people, events, etc. As soon as you put your pictures on your computer file them appropriately.
- Back-up your pictures to an online photo/video site. Then, if your computer crashes or you spill egg nog onto your laptop, you will still have access to your files.
- Take advantage of the features offered and edit your photos/videos, as needed. Don’t let the stranger waving in the background ruin a precious memory – learn how to edit him right out.
- Share your photo albums with friends and family directly from the photo and video sharing site using email or social media sites. You can also easily share to your preferred social media sites directly from Photobucket – but remember to “tag” your family and friends responsibly.
To read more about the results of the survey, click here to read the press release.
You don’t have to wait until you get home to use Photobucket, take it with you everywhere you go. You can upload photos from your phone to your Photobucket account, download wallpapers, and share photos easily through email. You can also browse our “Find Stuff” categories to see what’s new on Photobucket, and search from our library with billions of images. To learn more about the app, click here.
On the heels of Lexmark's updated suite of photo offerings we’re excited to announce a printer design contest with Lexmark and Photobucket!
We’re calling all students, artists, schools, businesses and households to turn their printer into a work of art. Get started by using an old or new printer and create a fun and funky design. Tropical landscapes, cartoon characters and castles are all fair game. Here’s a few examples of what we’re thinking:
To participate, submit a photo of your newly designed printer to this Photobucket group album. Don’t have a Photobucket account? Sign-up is quick, free and easy at http://register.photobucket.com/.
The contest is open to aspiring artists in the U.S., the UK, Canada, France, Germany, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil and Australia. Lexmark and Photobucket will also upload contest photos to our respective Facebook pages, http://www.facebook.com/LexmarkNews and http://www.facebook.com/photobucket,and will allow users to vote on their favorite images by tagging themselves. Submissions will be open from October 6 to November 12. Five lucky winners will be announced after November 12, and each will receive a new touch screen all-in-one inkjet printer from Lexmark (click here for official rules).
As Lexmark recently blogged about, Photobucket SmartSolutions include Scan to Photobucket and Photobucket View and Print. With these offerings, users can access their Photobucket profile, scan through existing photos and print images, all through Lexmark’s Web-connected touch screen.
So, feeling inspired? Grab your old printer, some art supplies and start designing. We’re looking forward to seeing your printer creations!
Photobucket apologizes for any inconvenience you have had with Tinypic. We heard from many of our users in regards to these changes and we appreciate your feedback. Tinypic has restored linking to your images and enabled uploading. Please rest assured no content was removed from the site. In terms of our communication on the switch, we had notified users of the transition to Photobucket in a message posted on the Tinypic homepage, and requested they move their content to Photobucket. Unfortunately this messaging was insufficient and has taken many of our users by surprise and we apologize. Our intent was to begin combining some of the best features of Tinypic and Photobucket, thereby offering users a better experience. We will continue to listen to you as we move forward to make this transition as easy as possible. Any changes in the future will be better communicated. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
We’ve got a new awesome way for you to enjoy your photos with the Vizit digital picture frame. Simply plug it in and photos arrive in moments. Vizit is cellular, allowing the frame to work from anywhere (no WiFi hassle) and to have 2-way photo sharing. Each frame has its own email address that friends and family can send photos directly to. You can even remotely manage the frame from VizitMe.com. Check out the frame here and enter promo code: photobucket.