What an amazing kickoff to Photobucket Stories with our recent Life’s an Adventure contest, and huge thanks to all who participated! There certainly was some tough competition with more than 4,700 entries, many of which ran neck-and-neck after 475,000 of you took to social media to voice your vote for your favorites by entering, commenting, liking and sharing them! But that being said, we did have to narrow it down to one first place champ, and we are happy to congratulate Summer Brennan our $25,000* winner for her story titled “Amado: Befriending a Wild Mustang.”
Summer’s entry chronicles her beautiful and touching journey of her training a wild mustang stallion named Amado. She walks us through the time she spent befriending Amado and gaining his trust while training him for their 90-day “Extreme Mustang Makeover” challenge. And, of course, she includes all the emotional and dramatic ups and downs in between!
After you check out Summer’s story, be sure to take a peek at the inspiring runner-up stories that also each scored $500* for their efforts. These adventures include tales such as hiking the Appalachian Trail, taking a cruise as Hurricane Sandy hit, falling in love in Costa Rica, a family setting sail for the first time, and one woman’s seven months spent traveling the world. You won’t want to miss them!
- Click here to see a story from Mike_aidala about a personal adventure that ended with a twist.
- Click here to see a story from LookySquares about a journey of 2,176 miles through 14 states over six months, all with two pairs of shoes and a self-proclaimed “horrible beard.”
- Click here to see story from jsisting1 on some amazing travels from 2012, including Indonesia, Brazil, India and Peru.
- Click here to see story from MIST50 about her first-ever cruise, which she received as a 50th birthday gift from her sister, plus their ensuing adventure through nine states.
- Click here to see story from melody_hill about a sailing trip, which turned out to be a bonding experience for the entire family.
These Stories illustrate just how well Photobucket enables you to create and share your personal narratives using our exciting new Story platform.
So what are you waiting for? Now’s the time to start thinking about your own life adventures and all the stories you’ll want to capture, create and share of your greatest moments in pictures, text and video. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
*Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with Official Rules.