This was something fun I did today. Use Scrapblog to create a custom background for your Twitter profile. Scrapblog is utterly amazing. We think you'll have fun.
- Click "create scrapbooks" from the menu in your album on Photobucket
- Scrapblog window opens
- Choose any theme that takes your fancy. Don't worry. You can change it all later.
- At the bottom, delete all the pages but one.
- Choose "get photos" on the left, and pick the best photos all about YOU.
- Choose "get stickers." Have fun with that.
- Choose "get backgrounds." More fun.
- Use the crop feature to make cool shapes.
- Rinse. Repeat. Potentially play for hours.
Once you've saved your Scrapblog, go to the folder on Photobucket that is called "scrapblog-name of your scrapbook". You'll find a static JPG. Grab that and save-as to your desktop so you can upload it to Twitter. (There should be an easier way, huh?)
The trick for Twitter backgrounds is:
- Make sure you tile the image when you upload to Twitter.
- Put all your pics down the left hand side. Then they'll appear both on the left and the right in Twitter.
Here's the one I made for myself. Not very cool or grungy, but I like it because the pictures mean something to me. To see it in place on my Twitter go here: http://twitter.com/bigchiefalice.
Scrapblog has also used Scrapblog for their own Twitter background — it's much better than mine. http://twitter.com/scrapblog.
Here's what it looks like in Twitter: