Thanks to all your feedback, we’re upgrading the way you upload photos and videos to Photobucket today.
This upgrade radically simplifies uploading to Photobucket. It allows you to upload both photos and videos at the same time, and presents options for choosing and selecting media from different locations.
Here’s a quick summary of the improvements:
- You can upload photos and videos at the same time in the same upload session
- You can shift- or ctrl- select multiple files and upload them all at once
- You can upload up to 50 photos and/or videos at once
- You can upload photos from your mobile phone directly into your album
- You can upload photos or videos by emailing them to a unique email address associated with your album.
Naturally, we’re keeping the "old" way of uploading, because we know that some people just like it that way or are ‘change averse’!
The size and limits of photos and videos that you can upload does not change.
- Free users can upload up to 1GB of files (images/videos) to their account (up to around 10,000 files).
- Pro users can upload up to 5GB of files (images/videos) to their account (up to around 50,000 files).
Photobucket free users can upload images and have them appear automatically in the following sizes:
- tiny (100×75)
- small (160×120)
- medium (320×480)
- large (640×480)
- 15" screen (800×600)
- 17" screen (1024×768)
- original size, with a 1MB file size limit
- videos maximum of 5 min length and 100MB size
Photobucket Pro users can upload images in all the sizes above, and in addition:
- 19" screen (1280×960)
- 21" screen (1600×1200)
- 22" screen (2048×1536)
- 23" screen (2240×1680)
- original size, with a 2MB file size limit
- original size, with a 5MB file size limit
- videos maximum of 10 minutes in length and 100MB size
File format support does not change either. All users can upload in all the standard file formats (JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG) and all standard video formats (3g2, 3gp, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3p, asf, avi, divx, dv, dvx, flv, gif, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg4, mpg4, mpe, mpeg, mpg, qt, wmv, xvid, rm). Pro users can in addition upload SWF (Flash) files.
You can choose to upload from your computer, a Web URL, from your mobile phone or from your email.
When you upload from your computer, you can pre-choose the size your image will end up. Or you can leave it in its original size, with a limit file size of 1MB (free users) or 5MB (Pro users):
When you upload from a Web URL, you just enter the URL of the image.
If you want to upload images from your mobile phone, use the unique email address associated with your Photobucket album to email from your phone to your album. When you click on this option, your unique email address is revealed:
You can also send an image direct from your email account to Photobucket. Just attach the image/photo/video to the email and send to your unique email address:
And finally, we always welcome feedback. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.