Photobucket is the proud sponsor of the free-to-attend "Photo Hack Day" in NYC this weekend (Aug 20-21, 2011). We invite all you developers to build something awesome from our API, which is used millions of times a day by 3rd party applications!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A live Photo chatroom – think turntable.fm or chill.com but using Photobucket photos!
- Augmented reality/3D – put photos on real life walls (mobile app), or a 3D walkthrough gallery
- Face detection – integrating face.com
- Photo editing – use aviary APIs to edit Photobucket photos
- Photo sharing – use twilio API to send photos to friends
- HTML5 Photo slideshows
- Kinect-enabled photo browsing – create a futuristic photo browsing experience
The hack that best uses the Photobucket API wins a $100 Amazon gift card, and the best hack overall will be featured on their billboard in Times Square!!!!
Our very own Justin Hart (@onyxraven on Twitter) will be attending to provide support for developers using the Photobucket API. Justin will also be giving away free pro accounts to devs who use our API, so be sure to stop by and say hi! Get more details and register at http://photohackday.org.