We’re pretty excited about this. Starting today, you can "tag" any photo on Photobucket.
What’s a tag?
It’s a word, or group of words, that describes whatever is in your photo. But isn’t that just a title? Well, could be, but this goes further:
- You can drag a region of any photo and ‘tag’ it — so someone’s face, or something in a photo
- You can assign a link to any tag — so you could link someone’s face to their Myspace or Facebook profile
- You can email a friend when they, or something they like, has been tagged in a photo
- Finally, you can post a tagged photo outside Photobucket, and the tags and links go along with it, along with the embedded links you’ve made
Sound good? Click here to start tagging your Photobucket album.
Here’s what the page on Photobucket looks like where you add a tag, an email, and a link:
Here’s what a tagged image looks like when it’s embedded onto Myspace:
- To organize your albums
- To tell friends about photos in your albums
- To find more photos like those you’ve tagged in your albums
- To post a richer photo outside Photobucket — one that’s fully annotated by you
Want to see a demo?
- Go to our tagging page — http://tagging.photobucket.com — there’s a quick Flash demo of tagging