maint-tools

Scheduled Maintenance: Photobucket maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Support Team at support@photobucket.com.

(last updated June 13, 2017 – 4:15 pm MDT)

51 Comments

1. Fritz Duesheman
    June 29, 2017

My pictures in forums have been replaced with a gauge. Phishing or are my pictures being held hostage for a fee?

2. Fritz Duesheman
    June 29, 2017

All of the pictures I posted to forum turned into gauges. Even my avatar. I cannot find the contact person to get this fixed. Is this a phishing scheme or are they holding my pictures for a fee?

• Alan
      June 29, 2017

Nothing is being held hostage your images are still in your library safe.

Photobucket has updated their Terms. I’m quite shocked you haven’t noticed. You could go to their facebook page, the blog page, their main website, their twitter … etc … You get the picture.

• Mike
        June 29, 2017

My pictures aren’t “in my album safe”. They are locked and I can’t do anything with them. No saving them to my computer. No moving them. Nothing. How is that not bullshit??

• Dotty
        June 29, 2017

Alan, please understand that not every member is a huge Photbucket Fanboy who actually checks that site’s FaceBook page, their blog page, their Twitter, etc … You get the picture. Most members just use the site to host images to post on forums, blogs, etc.. I logged on to Photobucket daily for many years, most of the time as a paying customer, and not once did I ever see a notice of the upcoming Terms Of Service changes. I feel that most members would be willing to pay a monthly charge of $4-5, but holding 3rd party images hostage and demanding a ransom of $400 is not going to be an option that many of your/their customers will chose.

• Alan

@Dotty

I’m sorry that my desire to attempt to help the frustrated user base of Photobucket comes off as Fanboy. I have continually attempted to offer constructive advice and point out that nothing is being held “hostage” or for “ransom”.

Images live where they always have (in your account).

The Linking restriction I can’t argue with (it’s their opinion of fair value?) just as your ask for a cheaper option I can’t argue with (and I do agree actually) however once again it’s an opinion.

In the absence of PB making any comments I’ve attempted to at least offer some advise based on my experiences, unfortunately i’m now being attacked personally for having an opinion. So at this point i’m just going to step back.

• Gene K
            June 29, 2017

Alan, Thank you for stepping back with your Fanboy pronouncements. For one, you obviously aren’t reading or feeling the frustrating consequences folks are suffering from not having their photos visible any longer on the forums in which they’ve participated (or hosted) … for some, for decades.

• WyoMan

@Alan

The change was Ex post facto. New links ok… but existing links, under the TOS at the time they were made, shouldn’t be broken… that’s just my ethical opinion.
            Fix it, PB, or I walk and never look back…

• Photobucket Support
      June 29, 2017

Hello! Please email us at support@photobucket.com so that we can assist you with this further. Thanks!

3. mike
    June 29, 2017

I cant believe that Photobucket has us hostage ” pay up or you don’t get your photos “!!!! No prior notice this is just not a way to run a business . and then what pay up and they pull another stunt like this 6 months from now

• Charlotte
      June 29, 2017

This is happening to me too. A friend of mine just passed away and I went to retrieve his pictures and I can’t because they are held hostage. I’m really upset by this!! We should be able to take our pictures off the server if we don’t agree!!

• Alan
        June 29, 2017

Enough with the hostage misinformation. Log into your account and download your photos, nothing is being held “ransom”. They are simply redirecting based on the new TOS, the notices are plastered all over their site and social.

• Melanie
          June 30, 2017

The photos are being held hostage! I just tried to log on and to download my stuff, but “it seems that *** doesn’t have any uploaded pictures” or crap in that sense was all that I can see. I’m furious with this! No way you offer free service and change the rules of the game so sudden that no one has a chance prepare for it. Totally blackmailing!

• Jeremy
          June 30, 2017

No, we cannot download our photos. I tried to recover my photos via the iPhone app and most of my photos (basically any that have been shared previously) have been replaced with the same PB stock “upgrade to 500 GB” banner that shows up anywhere we have shared our photos. The thumbnails in the various albums appear normal but when you click on them the full size photo is just the banner. If you try to download onto your phone it’s still just an image of the banner, not your original photo.

There was no warning about this change in the ToS. Just all of a sudden a denial of service and a ransom note (which it basically is). I was not given an opportunity to accept/acknowledge the changes in the ToS nor was I given the option to recover my photos and close my account if I did not agree with the forthcoming changes. This is very poor business practice at minimum.

4. support

Hii ,
    I had been using photobucket from past 5 to 6 years. Sometimes, ads on this is really irritated but your style of writing is cool. I m loving your post. Keep on posting with good views.

Thanks .

5. John Bell
    June 29, 2017

I have used 1% of my storage and you have blocked my images on my site and are now demanding $399 with no prior warning. This is a disgusting act and I have now intention of paying such an extortionate amount for a service that was originally free. If it is not reinstalled soon I will just close my account and go else where. I wouldn’t mind if it was a reasonable sum with some warning but $399 is disgraceful.

• Alan
      June 29, 2017

Notices are everywhere, I received an email, there’s a banner on their site, the TOS page is updated on the blog, I see announcements on social.

What more do you want? I understand change is hard, but at this point after reading this section for days (after being effected myself) I’m realizing just how entitled their community is.

Photobucket is a business, if your unhappy with their service move on, im happy to help advise on how to download your images.

• Caio Carraro
      June 29, 2017

It’s true, $399 for me is disgraceful. I’m from Brazil and $399 is four times of this value, R$1600,00 is impossible for pay.

6. مهرجانات
    June 29, 2017

What’s up,I log on to your blogs named “Photobucket System and Website Status Updates – Photobucket” on a regular basis.Your writing style is witty, keep it up! And you can look our website about مهرجانات.

7. grigoris black
    June 28, 2017

The same problem: “3rd Party Hosting has been temporarily disabled”. To unlock your account visit photobucket.com/p500″. If Photobucket is changing their TOS, you MUST inform your customers about the changes! what is this ? i have 2 blogs but my photos not on my blogks !!

• Alan
      June 29, 2017

They did and have been, see my other comment.

8. Dave
    June 28, 2017

Wow, and I thought the Russian hackers with their ransom ware viruses were scum – now I have to pay $400 a year to share my own photos?? Not likely, I suspect you will lose most of your customers.

9. angelica

Hi
    I noticed all my themes disabled because of you guys. I was told to visit photobucket.com/p500 to access my account-,and it comes up as some hurly guy. Don’t know what is going on-

• Alan
      June 28, 2017

That’s actually photobucket.com/500, kind of funny, but you typed it incorrectly.

10. Me
    June 28, 2017

I am NOT using my account for “third-party hosting” or “hotlinking”, whatever the hell either of those even are.

You will NEVER have my money.

You WILL stop acting like incompetent, unworthy scum. You WILL allow me to use MY OWN IMAGES in any way I see fit. You WILL improve your service. You WILL STOP demanding money that you are not fit to possess.

11. Gordon
    June 28, 2017

LOL. I do not have very many photos, and only link to a few, relatively minor, enthusiast forums. Seriously, it is not going to take me too much time to upload my photos from my c:drive onto a competitor’s hosting service. Not a prob. G’day.

12. Michele
    June 28, 2017

Surprise! You just took down my entire website. You’re worse than the ransomware. $40 a month? I don’t think so

13. Renate
    June 28, 2017

Are you out of your mind?????!!!!!!!! Certainly I won´t pay any fucking ransom. This is a disgrace – good bye Photobucket…I just hope no one pays this fucking ransom. You call that customer friendly? I call it impudence!!!!!!!!! Great business practices – shame on you! Thanks for all this trouble!

14. Gracie
    June 28, 2017

I have a image that says I am unlocked and it’s from a 3rd party hosting…please explain…I can’t view my pics

• Me
      June 28, 2017

It’s simple. The incompetent blackmailers at Photobucket want to screw us all over.

15. Cheryl
    June 28, 2017

This is ridiculous!! Can’t log in AGAIN! I agree that this site has deteriorated so badly that I would encourage anyone thinking about using it for the first time to read everything they can before taking that step.

Photobucket, you’ve come from a really great site that in the past I have recommended but now will try to do the opposite.

GIVE back our photos instead of trying to pawn “new features” that no one can access!

16. Amy Lytle (Madam_Amy_TKoH)
    June 28, 2017

if i buy the Plus 500, will my textures show up on my site i use photo bucket for,
    right now they dont work?

this is a bad thing you have done to ppl, i may leave find another hosting site if you cant fix things

and feel paying 39.00 a month is excessive just to store my textures for use on my site

17. Marcus

Dear support,

Why do not you reply to my email? I have sent a several for help but without your reply.

18. David M. Taylor
    June 28, 2017

All good things must come to an end, belly up. So long buttwipes.

19. Danilo
    June 28, 2017

I’m from Italy. it’s really a disgrace, impossible to see any image and share with other people and potential customers…
    Do you want money? you forget it!
    It’s a disgrace. Congratulations for let us all in a so big trouble.

• Photobucket Support
      June 28, 2017

Hello! I’m sorry to hear you are having issues using the website Please email us at support@photobucket.com so that we can assist you further. Thanks!

• Pamela Ruzicka
        June 28, 2017

I just upgraded to Plus, but am not seeing my pictures. What do I need to do?

• Me
        June 28, 2017

Liars. You don’t intend to get back to ANY OF US!

• Richard Folsom
        June 30, 2017

I have tried numerous times to sign up for P500 with my credit card. Will not let me.
        Thanks

20. Jangadi
    June 28, 2017

Hі, ӏ check your blogs like every week. Your writing stүle is witty, keep doing what
    you’re doing!

21. Hugo
    June 28, 2017

Looks that you have been catch by the guys from the virus… and need to pay them… by us…

22. Lazyman415
    June 27, 2017

I have been using them for my website for long time, I’m also a pay customer. However the pictures is not showing on my website anymore. It damage my business a lot, i’m will to pay for it but the website is not responding no matter what, i try to pay with paypal or card both way does not work. I would like to know what is wrong with photobucket.

Regards
    Lazyman415

23. chris
    June 27, 2017

congrats photobucket…..you will go from possibly one of the biggest hosting sites to nothing over night by making folks pay for stuff that should be free……ive downloaded my small albums to my pc and deleting my account……enjoy being a small fish in a big pond……..

24. Stephen
    June 27, 2017

I can’t even log into the website, it looks like a website that no longer works. If I can log in, its just the same. I can’t access any of my albums or upload. This better just be a temporary issue as I have thousands of pics uploaded and a good portion are of my son.

How does one get all the pics over to a new hosting site?

• jjchase
      June 27, 2017

Stephen-

Photobucket is holding your photos for ransom. If you don’t sign up for their $399 per year plan you cannot access your photos. You cannot post them anywhere and you cannot move them to another hosting site. I am in the process of contacting every consumer protection group I can to inform them of Photobucket’s outrageous business practices. I am also contacting my states Attorney General to see if any legal action can be taken.

• Alan
        June 27, 2017

I’m having no issues downloading my photos, even though they are bandwidth restricted.

Perhaps your doing something incorrect?

• Lani
          June 29, 2017

How do you download your images? I don’t have a website, I share my private photos with family and friends. I don’t want to pay $399 a year to free my own photos. Do I save it again in my Documents? Thanks you.

25. Lindsay
    June 27, 2017

Hi, I did an upload today of about 11 pictures and after the upload all of my older photos went missing

• Photobucket Support
      June 27, 2017

Hello! Please email us at support@photobucket.com so that we can assist you more with this issue that you are having. Thanks!

• Hugo
        June 27, 2017

Really? That’s some kind of a joke? You just ignore the emails or send a simple answer that it’s another question… and we need dont have any answer again… Please, just solve the problems… If not, that will be the end of your company and jobs… every one will leave photobucket…

• angelica
        June 28, 2017

I tried-can’t seem to get on