maint-tools

Scheduled Maintenance: Photobucket maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Support Team at support@photobucket.com.

(last updated June 13, 2017 – 4:15 pm MDT)

30 Comments

1. Norm Poyseer
    July 2, 2017

You you know that it is pretty amazing what like minded people can accomplish. Our BB of 15,000 members is reconstructing tens of thousands of images from sources other than photobucket, and in the end, everything important will be back, and will carry on as though you never existed. We will keep going, you will not.

And guess what! You will not exist, although I suspect that this is what you want to actually happen.

Norm.

• C. Cowan
      July 3, 2017

Yes, seems like an odd way to go out of business.

2. curmudgeon
    July 2, 2017

You need to fire every coder you have working for you and get new website developers who know what they are doing!!! so much for getting areal account – I haven’t been able to use Photobucket for what feels like months. I hope you don’t have investors cause If I were an investor I would have jumped ship long ago!

3. Emily Wells
    July 2, 2017

As frustrating as this is, not being able to access any of my pictures/images I have saved, I am rather glad I am not alone. I collect art of my characters, pixelated and such. While I usually keep backups, they are all in flashdrives packed away because PB had everything safe and easily accessible. I really hope my images are returned safe and sound. I lost YEARS of collections…

4. snowthbo
    July 2, 2017

Finally managed to log back into my account today, so I spent a majority of the entire afternoon re-saving everything that I had been uploading to PB since 2005 – which was hundreds and hundreds. I honestly don’t know what, exactly, will become of this situation: I see a lot of people are predicting PB will implode and shut down entirely because of this, and if that’s the case, I don’t want to run the risk of losing anything. At the same time, knowing how many websites who run on screwing its people over are (like YouTube, for example), I also feel like another possible scenario is that PB will SOMEHOW resolve this issue themselves . . . EVENTUALLY. At least for the time being, websites and such that I’ve used my PB images on, I can move them to another service and go back and fix and edit links, tags, and other such things accordingly . . . it’s forums that I can’t do anything about, since most forums don’t allow you to go back and edit your posts after a certain amount of time, so so much for that.

5. Spirit

Photobucket Contact Information

(303) 228-5139
    (303) 226-6800
    Photobucket.com, Inc.
    PO Box 13003
    Denver, CO 80201-3203

Mr. Shawn White, Owner/Manager
    Mr. Stephen J Young, Sr. Director of Business and Legal Affairs

I found the above information on the Better Business Bureau
    Not sure if it’s currant but you can give it a try.

Photobucket was owned by News Corporation, ie, Fox, ie, Rupert Murdock but was sold to a company called Ontela. The Ontela web site no longer exists but that could be because Ontela changed it’s name to Photobucket Inc. We all know how difficult it is to get in touch with a real person at Photobucket! Hopefully the info from the BBB site above is accurate and currant.

As of today I do not even have access to my images so I can download them. These images are my property. I trusted Photobucket to keep them safe. Now all I want is to get them back.

I am not over the storage limit or even the bandwidth limit as per the original TOU. As for the NEW TOU I am fully within them with the exception of some being linked to my Profile. I cannot correct that if I cannot have access to my images!

Hopefully this is a temporary problem and access will be forthcoming.

6. Liz Campbell
    July 2, 2017

I have a paid subscription and I can see my pictures but cannot access pictures individually. What is going on with Photobucket?

• Jennifer
      July 2, 2017

I am having the same issue – sooooooo frustrating!

7. Kevin
    July 2, 2017

I’m warning you guys, DON’T pay them a penny.
    I think they are going to be out of business in a couple of months, and it’s all just a big scam to get as much money as they can before they close up.

8. Rhonda
    July 2, 2017

So Photobucket, apparently you have decided to commit death by stupidity? You clearly did not think this through.

You are going to loose millions of customers, like myself, who are already paying for your services. I own a message forum, and I’ve had a paid subscription for Photobucket since 2005. I have YEARS AND YEARS of images from my Photobucket account, posted on my forum. My forum is also full of images posted by my members from THEIR Photobucket accounts. Some of those images have already been replaced by your 3rd party hosting image. When all my images get replaced by your obnoxious image, my forum is going to be destroyed.

When your customers start leaving in droves, your advertisers will also start bailing on you…….so once again, you CLEARLY didn’t think this through.

• demonio
      July 2, 2017

I´m exactly in the same case… 🙁

9. Dan
    July 2, 2017

The site is NOT working. Signed out and can’t sign in. Nothing but gobbly gook shows up. Another subscriber can’t get photos to link to another site, though they used to. Says PB is asking for $500 subscription. I have adfree and it is useless if I can’t even log in. Fix it.

10. Buzzard

NEVER pb again.

11. Lia Schotanus
    July 2, 2017

Nothing is working please fix it i pay for it

12. Buzzard

Thanks for nothing.
    Years of uploaded pictured destroyed along with my work online.
    I have now deleted all my pictures on photobucket starting over again,
    ELSEWHERE.
    You greedy BASTARDS.

13. PS
    July 2, 2017

Let me know as soon as you revert your incredible and astounding decision. I think apart from your customers, all forum owners must be pretty angry now.

There are over 400,000 posts in my forum which contain some embedded photos from photobucket, so the damage is not trivial.

Thanks for listening.

14. Meg
    July 2, 2017

Feeling very heartbroken as my blog is a mess now! Years worth blog posts ruined! I have no doubt this move will upset many other bloggers and forum users too. The way this has been implemented is not fair and is really harsh. So much history, culture and educational material will have been lost as a result of this situation. Which is a crime in itself!

15. Mike
    July 2, 2017

The proper way for this company to have handled this would have been to simply not make it retroactive. All previous photos that were uploaded and embedded based on the old TOS should be honored and the links should still work. But anything else uploaded or embedded post-new TOS should require a fee (and also a more reasonably priced fee).

16. Bonnie Farina
    July 2, 2017

I am completely disgusted by this company actions. What is the point of an image sharing site if you can’t share your images without paying a ridiculously high fee? I can’t afford this! So angry.

17. william
    July 2, 2017

I don’t think I can add to anything that hasn’t been said above.
    They can kiss my A** before I’ll give them a dime. You’d think the fortune they make from their advertisers would be enough but their greed is beyond anything comprehend able for the slow poor service thats been getting worse every time I’d try to use it.
    I cant even find a way to cancel my subscription.
    Kiss Off pb, your not the only ones offering this service; just the only ones greed has taken over.
    With any luck this will be their demise.

18. Terry Senft
    July 2, 2017

Nothing but thieves, probably using the extortion costs to supply their meth habit. You POS i hope you lose everything photobucket and become homeless literally eating garbage off the streets……That is what you deserve bunch of Nazi’s !!!..

19. Claudiu Burlan
    July 2, 2017

I have not receive any notification about the need of paying to host my photos,and now i find my 10 years work locked and forced to pay 400 dollars in order to be unloked,retroactive.This is not right,it is stealing.And I will sue them if my photos will not be restored ,at least until the moment they decide to put a fee on 3rd party hosting.

20. Mike
    July 2, 2017

And now the site doesn’t even work. What a bunch of amateurs. I’m really starting to wonder if this is some 16 year old kid now in control of his deceased daddy’s website.

How on Earth can such a well-established website be this bad at public relations and at running a website? Didn’t they just change the payment terms like 4 weeks ago before this latest debacle?

Someone is stealing people’s money. This is some evil soul’s get rich quick scheme and the site should be investigated by the FBI.

21. Kirsten
    July 2, 2017

Not sure what is happening with Photobucket. Can’t even log in today. It was pretty useless before but served it’s free purpose. At least let us log in to get my photos and close my account?

22. Michael Yount
    July 2, 2017

Pretty amazing when you think about it. They offer (and advertise) FREE space to store your pictures – for a long time. They make it easy to link them (direct or host) BY PROVIDING THE LINK FOR YOU TO COPY. And then, decades later, they unilaterally with no warning hold your pictures hostage and wreck your forum/blog/website posts for simply doing the very thing which THEY FACILITATED. My initial thought is that this is the stuff class action suits are made of…..but then, reality set in. There’s probably not a lawyer that would touch it as it seems likely there’s not one bit of value in the Photobucket “asset” from which to extract fees. Feeling like a government program run amuck…

23. demonio
    July 2, 2017

Download MY images is a torture. Three screens of capcha, constant failures, to start over again. They do not lower the sub albums … seriously? This is an absolute disaster.
    I have an account paid for more than 10 years. And nobody answers me what is going to happen with her.

• Christian
      July 2, 2017

probably because in this moment 15 billions users are downloading their photo before leave this blackmailer site

24. J Carroll
    July 2, 2017

I supposedly have a free account (under 2GB) yet I cannot even see my few photos. According to your new agreement, I should be able to see them. WTF

• snowthbo

Is that you, Jamie?

25. James Thompson
    July 2, 2017

Seriously??? Have put up with your site’s cumbersome interface that is constantly loading advertising , but understood. Now you , without warning just hold our pictures for ransom. Removing countless hours of work ? Bye