maint-tools

Scheduled Maintenance: Photobucket maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Support Team at support@photobucket.com.

(last updated June 13, 2017 – 4:15 pm MDT)

34 Comments

1. Morissa
    July 4, 2017

Wow Photobucket. Im not sure why you decided to start charging. Ive been using PB for years but now im locked out of my photos. You guys are going to lose a lot of site users due to this. Why pay 400 when we can just go to another site and do 3rd party hosting for free. I guess this is goodbye

2. Larry
    July 4, 2017

PB, this is an absurd change in policy, I will be using another service from this point forward. I won’t be held hostage like you are trying to do, an extremely poor business practice.

3. Angry
    July 4, 2017

Holding my photos hostage for $399? FU Photobucket.

4. Jon
    July 4, 2017

Bye bye Photobucket. I got some nice things over the years like blown up canvas copies of photos, calendars, etc, but no more. I thought that was enough to cover some usage, (I’m at 26%) but apparently not. The website that I usually post to is now going to pay for increased bandwidth so that we can upload directly to it instead of using a 3rd party site like yours, and it will cost us regulars a fraction of what you are asking for. This will have the added benefit of being easier to use because people on the site have been complaining for years about what a pain the butt it is to use PB – so much so that some of them just post photos (for free) on Facebook. Weren’t your ads making you enough money? So long greedy bast–ds.

5. Black Z Eddie
    July 4, 2017

Hahaha. Photobucket trying to commit suicide with these blackmail rates. You’ve been a piece of crap photo platform years and now this! 😀

6. Maurice

Once again a ” Huge Thank ” to the Moderators who once again took
    of the link to my BBC News in the UK link because it is negative reporting sad lot it was telling the truth so what you hiding I ask myself especially now you have ruined my 9 year old forum

7. A.Lupin
    July 4, 2017

don’t pay anithing! a company that change TOU in this extortive Way is unreliable
    tomorrow they can ask you 1000$ you will pay again?
    don’t pay one single penny for this blackmail
    with half money you buy a host domain for 5yrs where you can put all the photo’s you want. These greedy just making money on the emotion of those who lose years of work, just deserve to disappear from the web

8. demonio
    July 4, 2017

I have paid an account during more than 12 years. Now I have cancelled it.
    I do not pay blackmails. I prefer to fix everything though they are months of work. All my sites are affected, but I am not going to pay this theft and blackmail.

9. Bill
    July 4, 2017

A member of my site’s forum has a photo album on your i6.photobucket.com server which appears to be unreachable over several different internet connections. Are these photos lost forever or has this server suffered a severe meltdown?

10. Marco
    July 4, 2017

it is absurd price PLUS 500 and that there are no different solutions.

11. hhhhh

I’ve already paid $59.99
    But the picture is still ununlocked
    If you pay $400, can you unlock the picture?
    By the way, is there no upgrade? Can I pay $340? I just want to unlock my picture
    1g storage space
    I don’t understand why I pay so much

12. jjchase
    July 3, 2017

You would be crazy to pay the ransom of $400. Photobucket will be out of business in six months and you will be out $400.

13. Driftwood Johnson
    July 3, 2017

Just paid the $400. I have way too many photos on photobucket to start over again somewhere else. At least, I don’t want to.

Anyway, the links to the right of a photo are not working for me. Click, click, click, nothing happens. Then sometimes it does. When I then try to post the photo in a forum I get the same message I was getting before I paid $400 for the upgrade. The ‘photo’ says I have to do the upgrade, which I have already done.

I sent an email to the helpdesk or whatever they call it.

Got an answer from Robbie the Robot that I cannot understand.

Not a happy camper.

Somebody better fix this or I am going to demand my money back.

Driftwood Johnson

14. Heidi
    July 3, 2017

Can the website functionality issue be addressed? I am logged into my account and the page is in old HTML format and no graphics and all left aligned. Please help.

15. Rhonda
    July 3, 2017

Photobucket does have the legal right to change their TOU, and they do have the legal right to stop us from using third party hosting going forward, however, those of us who have been paying through the years, for the privilege of posting images on the net without having to worry about bandwidth, may have a legal case against them.

If they break images that have already been posted by their paying customers, they are removing a service that has already been paid for under the guidelines of their TOU when that service was rendered.

I know for a fact that it is NOT legal to remove services that have already been paid for, without issuing a refund. The bandwidth usage for any image that was posted from a PAID Photobucket account, prior to the change in TOU, had ALREADY been paid for

16. ron
    July 3, 2017

Please advise on my account…..cant load or access any photos…
    content and verbiage is scattered across the page..

17. Frank
    July 3, 2017

I have been a paying customer for years, decades actually. And how am I repaid for this loyalty and patronage? By getting an email this morning telling me my automatic payment arrangement has been cancelled with my credit card, and now I’m being told I am at 153% storage of my free account. I had a PAID account, not a free one, and I was only at about half the capacity of photo storage allowed on that account. Now I’m being told I have to almost double that cost to have the bottom of the barrel plan, that comes with no linking and no 3rd party hosting. And I can’t access my pictures that I have been paying for decades to Photobucket to store for me. Are the photos are being held hostage? Are they not “my” photos that I paid you to store for me,…or have they now become Photobucket’s property. I’m not understanding this one bit. Please explain.

• Tom Ray
      July 4, 2017

Decades? No. Photobucket wasn’t around in 1997.

• Tom Ray
      July 4, 2017

They actually came out in 2003 and I doubt you paid then. So I’m betting you had it correct with a singular decade, if that.

18. veronica
    July 3, 2017

I keep trying to upload pictures to a forum I am on, first the copy box wouldn’t work, then when I finally got them to copy, the forum page says I need to update my account. What, where am I supposed to do that?? there isn’t any update button. This is so frustrating.

19. snowthbo
    July 3, 2017

Perhaps we’ve made SOME progress: I notice now that previously linked/embedded images are now simply broken (little red X’s) instead of being replaced with that ransom notice of needing to upgrade your account to enable 3rd party hosting.

• vblancer
      July 3, 2017

I have been a member for something like 13 years. I am 65 and living on S.S. alone. I sent an email to Support and got a Robo answer. I asked to talk with a REAL person. Another Robo answer. Photobucket is going to lose thousands, probably hundreds of thousands of customers and then where does the advertising go” In the toilet!! VERY short sighted of them.

They say that $399.99 is VERY competitive! REALLY? I can get free elsewhere so why stay here.

I am a Moderator on a major internet forum. As such I write tutorials to help people use that site. In that capacity I have sent thousands of customers to PB. I am now looking into alternatives and am very embarrassed I sent ANYONE to PB. The crazy part? I am only using 15% of my free account. Of that amount I only post about 100 pictures at the extreme maximum….probably closer to 50. For that PB wants $399.99 and feel it is a very good seal for someone on a fixed (and very small) income….they have bumped their heads and I worry this place is in a state of collapse.

Do not be here when it does if you do not have your pictures backed up elsewhere!

• Tom Ray
        July 4, 2017

Lose customers? Hardly. Lose users? You bet.

Customers are people or organizations that purchase goods or services from a store or business.

What they’re doing is trying to convert users into customers. But most aren’t switching over

• Tom Ray
        July 4, 2017

Maybe it’s time you invest in yourself instead of relying on free services to be cheap. Or things like this will continue to happen.

• Paying Customer
          July 4, 2017

Perhaps you haven’t read the previous complaints enough. It sounds as though many of these previous comments are from paying customers who have had the terms changed on them.

• snowthbo
      July 3, 2017

Oop, never mind. That didn’t last long.

20. Dewey
    July 3, 2017

Seriously!!! You are really going to advertise as a free service and get people to download many years worth of pictures that are posted on forums and blogs then basically take them away and charge a $40 per month ransom. I have almost 10 years worth and over 4000 pics posted on forums and they have now been completely removed. Years of hard work eliminated with no warning whatsoever. Unbelievable yet not at all shocking in this day and age. Greed at it’s finest. At the very least you could have left pics already posted alone and then charge for any 3rd party pics after a specific date. If you had done it properly I’m sure many would have been willing to pay a small fee but $40 per month is completely ridiculous. So long Photobucket you won’t be getting one penny from me.

• Mike
      July 3, 2017

Agree….they need to figure out how to not make this retroactive. We gave you our photos for years under the pretense that this was a free site. Make it to where the previous pictures are archived and charge for future use if you want to.

21. Luca
    July 3, 2017

I wanted to know why you stopped me from viewing the pictures, since I did not reach 2 GB
    If you do not reactivate the view of my pictures I will be forced to turn to another free image server.
    Waiting for your response. Thank you.
    Best regards

• angelapercaso
      July 3, 2017

neppure io vedo le mie immagini
      ma come rivolgersi ad un altro server gratuito?
      neppure ricordo quali immagini avevo salvato qui
      ho tutto il sito collegato
      speriamo rispondano

22. Roy
    July 3, 2017

I have been asked to upgrade my account as I am using third party hosting. I have paid the £399.99 for the year but the links still show your “please update your account” message? I really need this sorted? Help…

23. Maurice
    July 3, 2017

Well thank you Moderators as every time I try to post a reply on here you are now removing them and what I had to say is mild compared to other posts on here

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. demonio
    July 3, 2017

Please, can you desactivate the CAPCHA for download MY albums?
    I`m not a robot, I`m a person, I am logged with my account!!!
    THIS IS RIDICULOUS! 4 capchas and 8 download fails for every album!

25. Wright
    July 3, 2017

I’m really curious to know how many people will pay $ 400 to a site that has proved so greedy blackmail. Even for the dirt way you used it’s impossible that people will be able to pay you happily.
    Millions of forums are now hacking their sites and solving it. After this disorder no one will use your service any more. Sad and dishonest end of a good site.
    I also hope that someone decides to act by law, I am not convinced that you have the right at least not in this retroactive way.
    With $ 400 I buy a domain host, a laptop, and 2 pounds of cheese and I’m definitely more satisfied than giving it to you.
    Next year your site will only be an old memory, but did you pay that greedy man who produced this stupid idea? Or did he generate it for free?