With today’s release of the Photobucket Mobile Uploader for Verizon customers, we thought it’s a good time to list all the things you can do with your mobile phone on Photobucket.
How many times have you seen people holding up mobile phones to take pictures? Have you wondered what they do with all those photos? Do you know how to share mobile phone photos with friends and family?
Today’s mobile camera phones are capable of capturing high quality pictures and videos. At Photobucket, we’ve found that people are relying on their mobile camera phones more and more – particularly when they encounter the unexpected, funny situations or memorable events.
In a recent survey of Photobucket users, 80% said they had a camera in their mobile phone, and 36% said they used it once a day or more!
E-mail your mobile phone photos and videos directly to Photobucket
Photobucket users can send pictures and videos to their album directly from a mobile phone. To do so:
- Go to Account Options in your Photobucket account to see the email address speciﬁc to your account.
- The address will follow this format: username.PIN@uploads.photobucket.com.
- Save that email address into your phone’s address book so you don’t have to enter the address each time you want to send a photo or video.
- When you take a photo or video on your mobile phone, send it directly to your Photobucket email address.
The photos and videos will show up in your Photobucket album within a few minutes!
Browse Photobucket’s mobile site from a mobile phone
You can also browse Photobucket on your mobile phones at http://m.photobucket.com. A quick way to get this link is to send a text message with “pb” to 95159 and bookmark this link.
This allows you to view all the albums in your Photobucket account, share photos by email, search Photobucket’s vast library of images, and upload photos and videos.
Download the Photobucket Mobile Uploader
For Verizon customers, Photobucket also provides its own Mobile Uploader application that automatically uploads photos from your mobile phone to your Photobucket album. The application is available from http://photobucket.com/mobile.
Download the Photobucket iPhone Application
For iPhone users, Photobucket provides a free application that can be downloaded from iTunes. This tool allows you to capture and upload photos to your album, as well as browse your Photobucket albums. The application is available from http://photobucket.com/mobile.
One-Click Upload for Sprint Users
For Sprint customers, Photobucket users can select Photobucket from the list of “Post to Service” options that appears once you take a photo or video. The photos and videos automatically upload to your Photobucket album. This Photobucket feature is available on more than 50 Sprint phone models.
What does it cost?
- Depending on a user’s service plan with their mobile carrier, charges may be incurred with sending photos by email/MMS, and/or receiving photos by email/MMS. Charges vary by carrier.
- The Photobucket Mobile Uploader application may include charges which will vary by carrier.
- The Photobucket iPhone application is free.
- There are no Photobucket charges incurred by the user.
- For Sprint Picture Mail subscribers, unlimited use of the service is included at no additional cost, including customers on Simply Everything plans and Talk/Message/Data Share plans.
For more information
More details available at: http://photobucket.com/mobile