Stunning selfies in a snap
Okay, fun fact. Around 93 million selfies are taken each day. That’s an average of more than 450 selfies a year, per person! So, basically, this blog is for you and everyone else.
Call it vanity, trendy, whatever, it’s a fun way to capture a moment, a feeling, and a memory that will last forever. So, what are the secrets to taking killer selfies that show off the true you? Here are some handy-dandy tips!
- Lighting, lighting, lighting - This is key, folks. Whether you're inside or outside, natural light is always the best choice. If you can't find it, a well-lit room will do, but avoid using flash at all costs. It can create harsh shadows and wash out your features.
- Try the 0.5 selfie – tap the 0.5x on your smartphone, flip it around, and take your best shot. You’ll get an ultra-wide angle look and all kinds of random stuff in the background making it look even more in the moment.
- Find your angle - Experiment with different angles to find the one that flatters your face the most. Tilt your head slightly, try taking the picture from above or below, or even try a side profile for a more dramatic look. The key is to play around and have fun with it!
- Invest in a good camera - The front-facing camera on your smartphone may not always produce the highest quality image. If you want to up your selfie game, consider using a digital camera or a smartphone with a good front-facing camera.
- Edit wisely - I love using editing tools to adjust lighting and contrast, but be careful not to overdo it with filters. A little touch-up can enhance your selfie, but too much editing can make it look unnatural.
- Pay attention to your background - Whether you're at home, on vacation, or just out and about, make sure your background is simple and uncluttered. A distracting background can take away from the focus of your selfie.
- Have fun with poses - Don't be afraid to try different poses! Hold your hand on your hip, lean against a wall, or even try a fun prop. The key is to let your personality shine through and have fun with it.
These little secrets should help you make some memorable moments. Also, remember to use Photobucket’s filters and editing tools to sparkle things up. Then use Photobucket's online cloud storage to keep your amazing selfies as perfect looking as you.
Happy selfie snapping!